Friday, March 28, 2008

The Beach

Luke quickly discovered he had a love for sand.

We went to South Padre Island yesterday. Luke was hilarious. He hated the water. From the moment it touched his feet he took off screaming and running. He spent the majority of his day chasing/feeding the seagulls and rolling around in the sand. I'm not kidding, as you will see, the kid would just lay in in the sand. I couldn't believe that he would sit there and let seagulls eat out of his hand but was terrified of the water touching his feet. Tyler had a blast as well but he is in that "I hate the camera and the fact that my mommy takes 10,000 pictures" stage so I didn't get many good ones of him. We also forgot how strong the Texas sun can be. Before we left the house, I put 50 spf on the boys and they still got burned!!! Needless to say, today has been a barrel of laughs recovering from too much sun and hurting skin. I did manage to get all three boys to take a nap at the same time...that has only happened one other time so I was a happy camper.

We have discovered that Luke is incredibly determined. Here he is chasing seagulls, convinced he would get one if he kept at it long enough.




Still running....


5 comments:

Crista Merrell said...

Yeah. You forgot to mention the jellyfish stings! It was still FUN!!! Wouldn't trade it for a million dollars. And you forgot the account of the Aggie-Thirtysomething-Soccermoms-in-bathing suits-with-skirts trying to put up that dang awning.....The good news is that all of the college kids around us were 3 sheets to the wind and thought we looked totally normal and intelligent. Right?

The Deming Four said...

hi! The boys look like they are having so much fun! Save some of the summer fun for San Antonio - Sea World is right around the corner from us!
Melissa

Rachael and Chris said...

Glad you had such a fun trip to the beach! The last picture of Luke running is the cutest thing in the world!!!

Mark said...

I miss my boys..and my sister. :( Wish I was there with y'all. It was a high of 45 today and rainy. Yuk. Love you, Missy

The Schmidt Family said...

They are too cute! I'll be in corpus this summer, so we need to get together. Can't wait to see the boys!